- This event has passed.
Cool As a Cucumber: How To Master Public Speaking 1/21 6:30-9:00
January 21 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Cool As a Cucumber is a hands-on workshop for makers, doers and creative entrepreneurs with a genuine desire to improve as speakers and communicators. During our 2.5 hour session, you’ll learn how to to share content, pitch ideas and tell stories that create a space for audiences to relate, engage and act.
YES, this workshop is right for you if you..
- consider yourself to be a beginner – intermediate level speaker
- have an upcoming presentation or a future presentation that you’d like to ready yourself for
- struggle when it comes to speaking (nervousness, pace, memory retention, etc.), preparing something that really captures what you want to say and/or successfully conveying your message
- need an environment where you can practice with a neutral group and get constructive feedback and/or,
- really want to learn how to connect meaningfully while being authentic and personable in the moments where your voice matters most
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (in order to get the most from this workshop)
- practice material: 1-2 min of an old speech, story or pitch (preferably one that you feel you delivered poorly) - OR - an idea, topic, product, etc. that you might need to present in the future
- an open mind
- a willingness to work in teams
- a sense of humor
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- an encouraging, constructive learning environment with an intimate group of no more than 15 attendees
- the opportunity to present in front of a group and get peer feedback, live coaching and footage of you in action
- actionable tips and strategies on how to effectively craft, prepare for and deliver your message
- public speaking tips, best practices and techniques for navigating nervousness
- digital copies of the material covered (including a writing template to help you prepare going forward)
- a complimentary Uber ride for up to $25 (for new users) and,
- the Cool As a Cucumber nosh spread (a little comfort food to ease your speaking angst)
About the instructor:
Holley Murchison is an NYC/SF Bay area based social entrepreneur and public speaking coach. She works closely with select clients coaching them toward becoming better communicators in the moments where their voices matter most.
In addition to the 175+ students she’s coached since launching her workshops in 2012, Holley has worked with companies including Klout, Grind and Startup Institute.
As a social entrepreneur and speaker, she’s engaged audiences of over 5,000 and has been invited to speak at events for CreativeMornings, Democracy Prep, New York Daily News and more.