- This event has passed.
Old-school Illustration by Cleo Papanikolas 9/23 6:30-9:00
September 23 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Old-school Illustration is a hands-on class about the methods and materials used before computers. Whether you are a Creative Suite pro, or haven’t drawn at all, I’ll show you how to craft spot-art with a simple pencil case and no plug. OK, we might use an iPad as reference material. But your logo and clip-art will soon reflect to your personal touch.
Old-school Illustration includes:
- Finding, sizing, and transferring reference pictures and type.
- Discussion of print and web output, and how it affects the way you draw.
- Drawing and painting demo.
- Hands-on help with your individual project.
- Color mixing demo – make a chart to take home.
- Retro Show: Tips and tricks you might need if you are, say, camping and can’t get to your Photoshop, or just want to keep the craft alive.
- Maps – the paper kind.
- Developing a style.
If you have a specific project you want to work on, bring logos, photos and other inspiration.
Materials included in class price.
About the instructor:
Cleo Papanikolas’ has a BFA in printmaking from California College of Arts (and Crafts), and an MFA in painting from the University of California at Berkeley. She is the author and illustrator of “Cook Until Desired Tenderness” (North Atlantic Books 2005). She illustrated “The Comfort Queens Guide To Life” (Random House 2000) and a line of over 100 licensed products based on the book. As a painter/author/illustrator, Cleo has worked on large murals in shopping centers, medium-sized oil paintings in fine art galleries, numerous small pieces for print publications, and she is in the middle of a “tiny paintings project” on her blogwww.cleomade.com